All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[08/07/2022] This Blessed Day Of ‘Arafah – By Abu Hakeem Bilāl Davis حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
– The 10th of Dhul Hijjah, the day of ‘Arafāh.
– The day the Qur’an was completed.
– Statements from the people of knowledge regarding the reason for the name ‘Arafah/‘Arafāt.
– Virtues of the day of ‘Arafah:
1. Allāh swore upon this day twice in the Qur’ān.
2. It is the day Allāh completed His Dīn.
3. It is a day of ‘Eid (for those on Hajj).
4. Expiation of sins due to fasting (for those not performing Hajj).
5. Allāh took the covenant from Ādam and all of his offspring in the region of ‘Arafah.
– The two places in the Qur’ān where Allāh swore upon the day of ‘Arafah.
– The meaning of وَٱلشَّفْعِ وَٱلْوَتْرِ in Sūrah al-Fajr and وَشَاهِدٍ وَمَشْهُودٍ in Sūrah al-Burūj.
– As-San’ānī (رحمه الله) on the intent of ‘Arafah being a day of ‘Eid.
– Fasting the day of ‘Arafah when it coincides with Friday.
– A common misunderstanding regarding the two years of sins that are expiated.
– The best of the actions we can perform on the day of ‘Arafah.
– Ibn Taymiyyah (رحمه الله) on the meaning of “Hajj is ‘Arafah.”
– Allāh’s descent on the day of ‘Arafah and His boasting to His angels.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.