All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[12/08/2023] The Recompense is According to the Action – By Uways At-Ṭaweel (حفظه الله) – SalafiPublications Summer Conference 1445 | 2023. Masjid Salafi, Small Heath, Birmingham, UK.
Some points covered by Uways At-Ṭaweel during this lesson:
- Reflecting upon the principle: the recompense is according to the action, and measuring ourselves by way of it.
- The two types of deviation intended in the verse, “So when they deviated, Allāh caused their hearts to deviate.” [Sūrah aṣ-Ṣaff 61:5]
- The Names and Attributes of Allāh regarding the aforementioned principle.
- ‘Abdullāh Ibn ‘Abbās (رضى الله عنهما) and Imām as-Sa’dī (رحمه الله) on the verse, ”Every person is a pledge for what he has earned.” [Sūrah al-Muddaththir 74:38]
- Ibn al-Qayyim (رحمه الله) on the link between sins and afflictions.
- An example from our Salaf regarding their understanding of this.
- Understanding that punishment in the dunyā is a mercy from Allāh.
- Five sins and their evil ramifications – Examples from the Revelation regarding the principle, the recompense is according to the action:
- 1. Ar-Riyaā (showing off).
- 2. Showing off and boasting by way of one’s garments.
- 3. Drinking alcohol.
- 4. Harming your Muslim brother/sister.
- 5. Forgetting Allāh.
- Striking the balance between hope and fear.
- Four benefits from the verse, “Verily! As for those who believe and do righteous deeds, certainly! We shall not suffer to be lost the reward of anyone who does his (righteous) deeds in the most perfect manner.” [Sūrah al-Kahf 18:30]
- Five affairs that encourage us to do good deeds – Examples regarding the principle, the recompense is according to the action:
- 1. Remembering Allāh.
- 2. Al-Iḥsān (doing good).
- 3. Seeking knowledge.
- 4. Qiyām al-Layl.
- 5. Being merciful and gentle.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.