All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[31/10/2021] The Methodology of The Salaf and Those Who Cling to it – By Abu Hakeem Bilāl Davis حفظه الله. Lamin Central Masjid, Gambia.
– The great virtue of gathering in the Houses of Allāh to recite and study the Book of Allāh (سبحانه وتعالى).
– The reason for choosing this topic.
– The clarity of the path the Messenger ﷺ left us upon, and striving to attain it.
– A warning from Allāh (سبحانه وتعالى) against being like the People of the Book regarding splitting and differing.
– The ḥadīth of Irbāḍ b. Sāriyah (رضى الله عنه) regarding the admonition given to the Companions by the Messenger ﷺ.
– Proof that the splitting of this Ummah will be worse than that of the People of the Book.
– The obligation of holding on to the path of the Prophet ﷺ AND his Companions (رضى الله عنهم).
– The prophecy of the Messenger ﷺ regarding the weakness of the Ummah and the reason for its weakness.
– Examining ourselves as it relates to loving the dunyā and hating death.
– The linguistic meaning of ‘Salaf’.
– The utilisation of this term by the great Imāms throughout time to refer to individuals who were followers of the Salaf.
– Those referred to when the term ‘Salaf’ is used.
– Verses from the Qur’ān that prove the compulsion of following the path of the Companions and the consequence of not doing so.
– Statements from the Messenger ﷺ that guide us to taking the path of the believers.
– Shaykhul-Islām Ibn Taymiyyah (رحمه الله) on following the path of the Salaf and calling oneself Salafī.
– The Imāms of the Dīn were Salafī.
– The yardstick for understanding the aḥādīth of the Messenger ﷺ.
– An example al-Bid’ah al-Iḍāfiyyah.
– Beautiful advice from Imām al-Barbahārī (رحمه الله) regarding holding on to the narrations.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.