All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[14/04/2017] Speaking About Allāh Without Knowledge – Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham. By Abu Fuḍayl ‘Abdur-Raqeeb.
Some points covered during this khutbah:
– The response of the Messenger ﷺ when he heard a group of people disputing about the Qur’ān.
– The reason those who came before were destroyed.
– The categories of those who belie/reject the Book of Allāh.
– Proof that no falsehood can approach the Qur’ān.
– A distinctive characteristic of the Qur’ān.
– The clear and unclear/ambiguous verses, and how the ambiguous verses are to be understood.
– The methodology of the scholars upon the Sunnah in explaining the verses of the Qur’ān.
– The calamity of entering into Tafsīr without knowing its principles.
– A warning against those who explain the Qur’ān utilising their intellects or false understandings.
– The intent of those who seek out the ambiguous verses.
– Proof that the one who speaks about the Book of Allāh without knowledge is to be warned against.
– Those who explain the Qur’ān based upon ignorance.
– Aḥādīth from the Messenger ﷺ regarding the evil outcome of speaking about the Qur’ān without knowledge.
– The two categories of people regarding the ambiguous verses.
– A warning against speaking about the Book of Allāh without knowledge.
– The example of the Messenger ﷺ in never speaking about the Dīn of Allāh without evidence.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.