All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[May 2009] Patience at the Time of Trials – By Ḥasan As-Ṣomālī حفظه الله. Lesson at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
– Mankind’s true state and their need for Allāh.
– The one who is truly successful.
– The test of the believer vs the test of the kāfir.
– Giving preference to what the fiṭrah dictates, and the consequences of not doing so.
– Āyāt that highlight the fact that we will be tested in this life.
– The reason why we are tested.
– True patience.
– The trials present in times of ease.
– The determining factor regarding whether a person is successful or destroyed.
– Remembering the blessings of Allāh upon us and not being ungrateful.
– The verbal and physical harm the Prophet ﷺ endured while calling to the worship of Allāh alone.
– Weighing the speech of the people with the text and ijmā’ and not being deceived by degrees and certificates.
– The offer of the mushrikūn to the Prophet ﷺ when they realised verbal and physical harm would not stop him from calling to Tawḥīd, and their similarity to the deviant groups and parties of today.
– A warning against extreme hatred and how it can lead to accepting falsehood.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.