All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[27/08/2022] Part 2 – The Six Stages of Seeking Knowledge According to the Scholars of the Sunnah – National Conference 2022 – By Uways At-Ṭaweel حفظه الله. Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points covered during this lesson:
- The prohibition of listening to/taking knowledge from Ahlul-Bid’ah.
- The Third Stage: Correct understanding and effective questioning.
- Ibn al-Qayyim on the meaning of fiqh.
- Allāh’s dispraise of those who do not have fiqh.
- The great blessing of correct understanding and good intention.
- The role of taqwā in gaining correct understanding.
- Fanatical blind following and how it prevents one from attaining fiqh.
- Imām as-Sa’dī on the three categories of people as it relates to how they are with the scholars.
- The importance of good manners in attaining understanding.
- The example of ‘Ā’ishah in how to be a student of knowledge.
- Etiquettes of asking questions, with supporting narrations:
- Asking the question in an appropriate time.
- Not asking about something that has not occurred.
- Not asking too many questions.
- Benefits from the hadīth of Jibrīl as it relates to the manners of the student of knowledge.
- The Fourth Stage: Memorisation
- Statements from the people of knowledge regarding the importance of memorisation.
- The effects of sins and disobedience upon one’s ability to remember and memorise.
- The difference between remembering and memorising.
- Using the worship of Allāh to aid in seeking knowledge and memorisation.
- An encouragement to revise with one’s brothers.
- Advice from Khatīb al-Baghdādī regarding when and where to memorise and a warning against those affairs that affect memorisation.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.
Be the first to comment