All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[Ramaḍān 2014] “O Allāh, Indeed You Are The One Who Pardons Again And Again…” – Beautiful reminder by Abu Abdir-Rahmān Uways Taweel حفظه الله, at Masjid as-Sunnah, Cranford, West London. Introduction by Abu Ishāq Nadeem حفظه الله.
Some points covered during this lecture:
- Benefits from the du’ā, “O Allāh You are Oft-Pardoning, You love pardoning, so pardon me.”
- The inauthenticity of the addition “Al-Karīm” in the du’ā (i.e. “O Allāh You are Oft-Pardoning and Generous, You love pardoning, so pardon me”).
- The meaning of al-‘Afuww.
- The Name of Allāh Al-‘Afuww and its mention in the Qur’ān.
- The differences between ‘afuww and ghufrān.
- Proof that the sin is forgiven but still written as it relates to ‘ghufrān’.
- The importance of the ‘Aqīdah of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamā’ah and the Names and Attributes of Allāh.
- Refutation of the Jahmiyyah and those who negate Allāh’s Names and Attributes.
- The three categories of Tawḥīd in this du’ā.
- A reminder to not feel satisfied with the ‘ibādah we have done.
- The reason we ask Allāh for pardon.
- Ibn Taymiyyah (رحمه الله) regarding Laylatul-Qadr and why the servant should work hard on all of the ten nights.
- The Ḥikmah of Allāh in keeping Laylatul-Qadr hidden
- Not being deceived by Iblīs and ourselves.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.