All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[10/03/2022] Lesson 12: The Methodology of the Salaf Regarding the Criticism of Men, Groups, Parties and Sects – Readings From “Beneficial Answers to Questions Regarding The Innovated Methodologies” – Lessons with Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul-Wāhid حفظه الله.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
– Question 19: Mentioning the good qualities of a person when criticising him.
– The reason for not mentioning the good qualities of Ahlul-Bid’ah when refuting them.
– The difference between biographical compilations and refutations.
– The manhaj of the Salaf regarding the criticism of men, groups, parties and sects.
– That which the false principle of al-Muwāzanah necessitates.
– A compelling example from the Prophet ﷺ in how he warned against the Khawārij, and the reason he mentioned their worship.
– Imām Aḥmad’s (رحمه الله) response to the deviated speech of al-Karābīsī and his strong warning against Ḥarīth al-Muḥāsibī.
– Safeguarding our hearts and not allowing ourselves to be lead astray.
– The false accusations made against the scholars of the Sunnah.
– A clear example reported by Imām adh-Dhahabī (رحمه الله) regarding the dangerous outcome of praising Ahlul-Bid’ah.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.