All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[27/07/2023] 12 Practical Implementations of Allah’s Names & Attributes – By Uways At-Ṭaweel حفظه الله. Lesson at Markaz As-Sunnah, Alperton, London, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- Statements from the scholars regarding the intent of preserving/memorising the Names of Allāh.
- The importance of implementing Allāh’s Names and Attributes.
- The meaning of the Names of Allāh being “tawqīfiyyah”.
- Ibn al-Qayyim (رحمه الله) on the three levels of preserving the Names of Allāh.
- Twelve practical ways in which the servant can implement the Names and Attributes of Allāh:
- 1. Hastening to build his character upon the meanings of Allāh’s Names and Attributes.
- 2. Increasing in love and exaltation of Allāh and eagerness to perform acts of worship due to knowing he worships an ilāh (deity) that does not die and has the Attributes of al-Ḥayā (the Ever-Living) and al-Baqā (the Everlasting).
- 3. Reflecting upon the Attribute of Maḥabbah (Love), thus yearning for Allāh and to do those acts that bring him closer to Allāh in order to attain this Love.
- 4. Reflecting upon the Attribute of al-‘Ilm; that His Knowledge encompasses all affairs, He is with all of His servants and knows all that they do, hide and make public.
- 5. Turning to Allāh in repentance when he reflects that Allāh is At-Tawwāb.
- 6. Realising that Allāh has the Attribute of al-Qahr and nothing is beyond Him, which brings about humility and causes the person to fear Allāh and submit to Him.
- 7. Calling upon Allāh by His Name Ash-Shāfī (The One Who Cures) when afflicted with illness and by His Name Al-Wahhāb (The Bestower) when going through trials.
- 8. Having īmān in the Attribute of Speech, never tiring of hearing the verses of Allāh and feeling like Allāh is speaking to him when he recites the Qur’ān.
- 9. Reflecting upon the Might and Power of Allāh, which makes him realise how minute and deficient he is, thus causing him to be humble and not show arrogance against his brother.
- 10. Realising that Allāh said in His Book, “They have forgotten Allāh, so He has forgotten them.” [Sūrah at-Tawbah 9:67]
- 11. Reflecting that Allāh has the Attribute of Truthfulness, so he knows that Allāh will fulfil His Promise regarding those who do good deeds.
- 12. Knowing that Allāh is Al-Ḥakam (The Judge) and Al-Ḥakīm (The All-Wise) so he does not turn to other than the Book of Allāh to judge in his affairs.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.